Recruiting – USPCA Part Time Receptionist
Recruiting – USPCA Part Time Receptionist
Job Title – USPCA Part Time
Location – USPCA Animal Hospital, Unit 5 & 6 Carnbane Industrial Estate Newry
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com. with a covering letter outlining the experience you would bring to the role.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be 4.00pm Friday 11th August 2017
The candidates must possess excellent communication skills with a professional manner to deal with a busy reception area. They should also possess an outstanding telephone manner, have computer skills and above all show an enthusiasm for first class customer care.
Hours of Work: -
One part time, temporary position to cover maternity leave (20-25 hour temporary contract)
Reports to – USPCA Administration Manager
Principal Function -
To act as primary interface between the general public and the USPCA. Ensuring the Society is portrayed as a professional, caring and informative about animal welfare.
Responsible for providing an efficient and friendly customer care service to visitors and callers to the USPCA.
Principal Duties –
- To ensure that the telephones are answered promptly and politely, taking details and messages from incoming calls and passing on these messages to the appropriate persons.
- To be responsible for welcoming customers to the USPCA Animal Hospital, informing them of our procedures and being helpful at all times.
- To be responsible for liaising with the Veterinary Department, Animal Welfare Officers, and Grooming staff, to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Animal Hospital.
- To ensure that all follow-on phone calls and paperwork, is completed in a neat and thorough manner.
- To ensure that information is given to customers in an accurate and timely fashion.
- To be responsible for diary and appointment management for the Animal Hospital, including veterinary, grooming and re-homing.
- To ensure the USPCA computer system is kept up to date, including the efficient recording, filing and retrieval of all administrative records relating to animal admissions, re-homing and the veterinary department.
- To be responsible for managing the reception email account and directing enquiries to the appropriate persons.
- Providing information to clients, signposting them to the most appropriate services / department.
- To ensure that customers within the Veterinary, Shop and Grooming are served efficiently at all times, accepting payment of cash, cheques or cards.
- To ensure as a staff member of the USPCA you help maximise Animal Hospital proceeds through the promotion of all services and goods.
- To be responsible for end of day cashing up of daily takings ensuring till reconciles with sales records.
- To ensure that reception and the customer waiting area are kept clean and tidy at all times and that the area is Health & Safety compliant with no risk to visitors (in accordance with instruction and guidance from the Administration Manager).
- Promote the good image of the USPCA both internally and externally by communicating in a positive manner.
- Any other duties as directed by Management.
While at work all staff are required to:
- Take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
- Adhere with USPCA policies and procedures for health and safety.
- Participate in training deemed necessary by the USPCA.
- Be smart in appearance, wearing the uniform provided by the USPCA whilst on duty. Sensible shoes must be worn and hair of shoulder length or longer must be tied back at all times.
Personal Specification for USPCA Receptionist
|Professional/Technical Qualifications||GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent)||Customer Service/ Administration Qualification|
|Experience and Job Knowledge||2 years’ experience in a receptionist roleGood understanding of the principles of customer centred service provision.Experience of general administration tasksExcellent standard of numeracy and previous experience of cash handling||Previous experience in an animal care / veterinary environmentPrevious experience within a retail environment|
|Skills and Competencies||Communication skills, written and oral.Demonstrate organisational and IT Skills.Ability to work well under pressure.Ability to manage own time effectively.Willingness to take direction.|
|Personal Qualities||Good standard of personal presentation.Professional and caring approach to animal care.Self-motivated to work independently.Confidence to seek guidance where appropriate.|
|Special Circumstances||Ability to work a variety of shifts and hours||Sympathetic to the aims and policies of the USPCA|